Friday, December 7, 2012

Me & My Drumzz


Music is the doorway that has led me to drawing, photography, and writing.

Being a celebrity you always get really good seats during  a show but you never get as good seats as the Drummers get. And I really love Drumming. .

A lot of people want to make films and do photography and things, but I'm quite happy doing what I'm doing.  I went into music & photography because it seemed like the perfect vehicle for commenting on the madness of today's existence.  
                                                                                                                                                                 I treat the photograph as a work of great complexity in which you can find drama. Add to that a careful composition of landscapes, live photography, the right music and interviews with people, and it becomes a style.

     "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain. "

I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of humanity. It's something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we're from, everyone loves music.

Music is very spiritual, it has the power to bring people together.



I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water.

Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music.


I don't make music for eyes. I make music for ears.

I wake up in the morning, I do a little stretching exercises, pick up the sti..x  and play..!
 

Sometimes before we make a record I go back and listen to a few. It's equally humbling and uplifting.
The advice I am giving always to all my students is above all to study the music profoundly... music is like the ocean, and the instruments are little or bigger islands, very beautiful for the flowers and trees.

So all in all,

Music is a performance and needs the audience.
So, See you at my Concert.....

No comments: