Thursday, December 11, 2014

Sharan's Calligraphy On Stone


I love creativity and calligraphy has given me a platform to nurture it more and more. I always facinated with Nature as all of us do but I need to capture the glimpse of it in my life to make it more memorable and enthusiastic.

I was doing River rafting in Satulaj, Tattapani during Oct 2014 at Himachal.  Incredbile experience and at the bank of it I saw lovely small colorful stones. I just started picking it up one by one, they were so amazing in various shapes in crystal clear water. The trip was going to end and I wanted to taking these gifts from the trip as the trip was amazing in various reasons. Then I thought to make some good stuff and writing on Stone was such a fantastic idea that I just had to share it…


Basically what you do is you get hold of some stones and you write on them. You write key things from your testimony on them as I did it for my near and dear ones, family, friends and off course of Lovely Garden too.

You can also use Sharpie Paint Markers for this project. You might want to use a finishing coat to protect your artwork like Spray Matte Clear. If you prefer, you can use the satin or glossy finish too.

You should wash and rinse the stones to get them as clean as possible. Then let them sit in the sun – or overnight- to dry. Use whichever pen you like the best to do your artwork. I have used both the permanent markers and the paint pens.
When you have your projects completed, you can arrange a nice little rock garden with them, or set them around your favorite plants, or by pathways. Let your imagination be your guide! Make a nice bowl of sayings for your table like in the photo.
You can do this artwork on a grander scale too. Do pavers in your walkways, bricks in a wall, larger rocks for a garden or pond area.

No comments: